Facebook is now generating more user traffic than Google. YouTube is the second biggest search engine on the internet. 80% of companies use LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees. A US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction. Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passé. In fact, In 2009 Boston College stopped distributing e-mail addresses to incoming freshmen.
- There are over 200 million Blogs
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- 77% of women are more likely to look for a product in a store after reading about it on a social site
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI
The fact of the matter is the question you should be asking is not if we should develop and engage a B2B social media marketing strategy, but how fast can we become effective at it. You have three options, either one you need to initiate right away before your web savvy competitors leave you behind.
- Start educating yourself with books and seminars, so you can start a cohesive and effective social media plan.
- Designate a person within your company, group or religious group to become your in-house social media expert.
- Hire a SEO company with proven results in developing a comprehensive and profitable social media strategy.