WordPress 3.0 is now out.
Here are a few of my favorite features:
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged, allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- You can now create custom menu’s so that is REALLY easy to change your menu’s on your site. You can add categories, tags and even posts to your site.
- Changing your header and background is now built into the Admin area.
- When you install WordPress, you can now use your own username and password (thank you, thank you)
- Improved Custom post types and custom taxonomies. This allows me to create a “video” post type with custom fields to post to a video site.
You can download WordPress 3.0 at WordPress.org.