Who would of thought that one of the people I would be helping would have a home based business, literally.
Pattie McDonald and her husband, a retired postmaster, rent their beautiful home for vacations nestled in the Ozark Mountains in Missouri. http://www.lakeozarksvacationrental.com/. Per Pattie, the vast majority of her new business comes from those who find her vacation rental in various online vacation directories, many of which come from those who live in neighboring Illinois. Directories are just one of many internet marketing tools that can be utilized as an inexpensive marketing tool for a home based business.
In discussing what Pattie needed, I could see that a lot of terminology was being thrown out at her, but no one really took the time to educate her on how to use additional internet marketing tools that are simple, and most often free. For instance, I told Pattie that she could geo-target her online marketing and advertising by doing something very similar with Craigslist.org. By posting her ad and link on the “vacation rentals” line in the HOUSING section of the Craigslist home page. http://www.craigslist.org.
I found out that Pattie had a new web site, but did not have a blog imbedded within it. Not only is a blog a great way to continue to build original content, so key for SEO purposes, but it is a great avenue to share news and your passion for something as beautiful as a vacation home in the Ozarks. Her blog now becomes a funnel for information about fishing, local activities, special prices, amenities and much more. To build your ranking on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines, it is important to continue to build a continuing stream of relevant and consistent original content. And without question, blogging is one’s best bet to grow organically in search engines.
Pattie’s success will come about by simply doing the following:
- Continue to submit to vacation type directories.
- Geo-target her marketing by submitting ads with free online classifieds, such as Craigslist, Kijiji.com and Backpage.com.
- Get a blog installed within the web site. We recommend this is done on a WordPress format.
- Blog often; at least once a week. Ensure that your blogs contain original content.
- Ensure that your blogs on registered with top blog directories. http://blog.sponsoredreviews.com/?p=47
- Install your web site with more popular social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. Make sure your blog submits to these automatically.
Any home based business can use simple internet marketing tools, such as blogs, free online classifieds and social media to generate a huge amount of traffic and thus long-term profitability.Tags: backpage.com, bing, blog, craigslist, Ed Dearborn, Edwin Dearborn, google, Home Based Business, internet marketing tools, kijiji, lake ozark vacation rental, online directory, organic internet marketing, search engines, SEO, yahoo